Configuring the Identifier (Morse/Voice)
All IRLP nodes are programmed with a morse code / voice ID system by default. The configuration of the ID (known as Interval_id) is contained within the node environment file.
You can edit the “environment” file (as user root) by typing:
You can also edit this file from the IRLP Remote Admin system. The variables which can be edited include:
- USE_INTERVAL_ID - Turns the ID system ON or OFF (YES or NO)
- VOICE_ID_FILE - Voice ID wav file that is played if it exists. To make the system play the voice ID file, just place the selected file onto the node.
- ID_PTT - Selects whether the PTT or AUX1 is used as a keying pin. For PiRLP this should be kept as AUX1.
- ID_INTERVAL - Required ID interval in seconds (10 min = 600)
- ID_MIX - Mixes the ID with regular node audio. For PiRLP nodes this should be set to YES.
- MORSE_TEXT - The morse text that is played for the ID. By default this is set to the callsign defined earlier in the file. Be sure to enclose the text you want played in quotes.
- MORSE_SPEED - Options are SLOW (5wpm), MEDIUM (8wpm), FAST (15wpm), FASTEST (30wpm)
- MORSE_PITCH - Frequency in Hz that the morse is played at (300-3000)
- MORSE_VOLUME - % volume that the morse is played at (1-100)